Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Quadruped Animation

    Pass 8: Relaxed neck, edited feet/arm impact on ground, changed tail in the air, and removed clouds.

    Pass 7: Final, final touches, fixed tail hitch when landing and added camera movement.

    Pass 6: Final touches, smoothened out the tail a bit more.

    Pass 5: I was given extra time to make this animation more polish and tweaks. I spent this time working on the tail and added cloud shadows. I think the tail came out pretty good after a bit of fiddling.

    Pass 4: Final cleanups and added rotation to show it off. I needed to repeat the animation twice. It was a bit difficult getting all of the rigs to show so I can duplicate them. Also, the rig fails to send to Unreal. In future animations, I hope to use a rig that I can put into UE5 to show off and doesn't have show/hide rigs or find a way to select all the rigs (those shown and hidden).

    Pass 3: A bit of cleaning up and polishing. Process is going smooth enough, but I am honestly loosing inspiration and patience as I move the foot for the umpteenth time as I adjust other things, as they are all linked together (especially the transition between FK and IK).

    Pass 2: Retargeting textures is a pain and repetitive when switching computer. I focused on the flight and landing this time around and overall slowed the animation down.

    Pass 1: I spent a bit of time over Christmas break working on this. Almost gave me a heart attack when I overrode keyframes when trying to retime my animation because I couldn't select all rigs at once and didn't notice it until it was too late. Now I am a firm believer in incremental saving. I then realized I had a layer of rigs in the display panel of Maya, so I can select all objects in there (sigh of relief). And of course all this happened the night before...








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Delivery

 Contributions     Fixed conveyor parts     Fixed screen on buttons     Finalized bad animation